Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Conservati fedele; Pensa ch'io resto, e peno, E qualche volta almeno Ricordati di me. Ch'io per virtù d'amore, Parlando col mio core, Ragionerò con te.
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Artaserse [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pasquale Anfossi (1727 - 1797), "Conservati fedele" [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Domenico Cimarosa (1749 - 1801), "Conservati fedele", first performed 1784 [ oboes, horns, strings, and soprano voice ], from opera Artaserse [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Giovanni Adolfo Hasse (1699 - 1783), "Conservati fedele", 1730, first performed 1730 [ strings, soprano voice, and continuo ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Conservati fedele", K. 23 (1765) [ soprano, orchestra ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Niccolò Piccinni (1728 - 1800), "Conservati fedele", 1762, first performed 1762 [ strings, soprano voice, continuo ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Leonardo Vinci (1690 - 1730), "Conservati fedele", HelN 78 no. 1 (1730), first performed 1730 [ soprano and strings ], from opera Artaserse, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Remain to me faithful", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Reste fidèle", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: John Versmoren , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website: 2004-07-12 00:00:00
Last modified: 2018-04-21 19:07:26
Line count: 7
Word count: 25
Remain to me faithful, Think that I stay here and pine for you, and some time at least, remember me. So that by virtue of Love which converses with my heart, I may likewise focus on you.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Artaserse
Text added to the website: 2018-03-30 00:00:00
Last modified: 2018-03-30 12:07:14
Line count: 8
Word count: 37