Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Conservati fedele; Pensa ch'io resto, e peno, E qualche volta almeno Ricordati di me. Ch'io per virtù d'amore, Parlando col mio core, Ragionerò con te.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Artaserse [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pasquale Anfossi (1727 - 1797), "Conservati fedele" [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Domenico Cimarosa (1749 - 1801), "Conservati fedele", first performed 1784 [ oboes, horns, strings, and soprano voice ], from opera Artaserse [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Giovanni Adolfo Hasse (1699 - 1783), "Conservati fedele", 1730, first performed 1730 [ strings, soprano voice, and continuo ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Conservati fedele", K. 23 (1765) [ soprano, orchestra ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Niccolò Piccinni (1728 - 1800), "Conservati fedele", 1762, first performed 1762 [ strings, soprano voice, continuo ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Antonio Salieri (1750 - 1825), "Conservati fedele", 1803 [ voice and piano ], from Divertimenti vocali, no. 14, confirmed with a CD booklet [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Leonardo Vinci (1690 - 1730), "Conservati fedele", HelN 78 no. 1 (1730), first performed 1730 [ soprano and strings ], from opera Artaserse, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Remain to me faithful", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Reste fidèle", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: John Versmoren , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2004-07-12
Line count: 7
Word count: 25
Reste fidèle ; pense que je reste et que je souffre, Et parfois, au moins, souviens-toi de moi. Par le pouvoir de l'amour, quand je parlerai à mon cœur, je parlerai avec toi.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2010 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Artaserse
This text was added to the website: 2010-02-24
Line count: 7
Word count: 33