Que lentement passent heures Comme passe un enterrement Tu pleureras l'heure où tu pleures Qui passera trop vitement Comme passent toutes les heures.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Wilhelm Albert Włodzimierz Apolinary Kostrowicki (1880 - 1918), as Guillaume Apollinaire, no title, written 1911, appears in Alcools, in À la Santé, no. 5, Paris, Éd. du Mercure de France, first published 1913 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Robert Caby (1905 - 1992), "À la Santé n°5", 1939 [ voice and piano ], from À la Santé, no. 5 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Pierre Capdevielle (1906 - 1969), "Que lentement passent les heures", 1932 [ high voice and piano ], from Cinq poèmes de Guillaume Apollinaire, no. 3 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Arthur Honegger (1892 - 1955), "À la "Santé"", H. 12 no. 1 (1916), published 1921 [ medium voice and piano or orchestra ], from Six Poèmes de Guillaume Apollinaire, no. 1, Albert Zunz Mathot [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Daniel Ruyneman (1886 - 1963), "À la Santé", 1923, published 1925 [ medium voice and piano ], from Quatre Poèmes extraits de 'Alcools' de G. Apollinaire, no. 3, J. & W. Chester [sung text not yet checked]
- by Guy Sacre (b. 1948), "Les heures", 1977, from 5 Poèmes d'Apollinaire, no. 4 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Garrett Medlock) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 5
Word count: 23