Struna naladěna, hochu, toč se v kole, dnes, snad dnes převysoko, zejtra, zejtra, zejtra zase dole! Pozejtří u Nilu za posvátným stolem; struna již, struna naladěna, hochu, toč, hochu, toč se kolem!
About the headline (FAQ)
The text shown is a variant of another text.
It is based on
- a text in Czech (Čeština) by Adolf Heyduk (1835 - 1923), no title, appears in Cigánské melodie, no. 6, first published 1859
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Karel Bendl (1838 - 1897), "Struna naladěna", from Cigánské melodie, no. 7 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Antonín Dvořák (1841 - 1904), "Struna naladěna", op. 55 no. 5, B. 104 no. 5 (1880), from Cigánské melodie, no. 5, also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Adolf Heyduk (1835 - 1923) , no title CAT CZE ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Antonín Dvořák.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Gayle Royko Heuser) (Anna Majtas Royko) , "The string is taut!", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Marc Moreau) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Elaine Marie Ortiz-Arandes) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Maria Rita De Matteis) , "Le corde (sono) accordate, ragazzo; balla in tondo!", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2004-01-16
Line count: 8
Word count: 32