Gebt mir zu trinken! Was in den Sternen steht, kann man nicht ändern, Doch man vergisst es bei der Gläser Blinken!
- by Friedrich Rückert (1788 - 1866) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Gebt mir zu trinken!", op. 65 no. 4 (1847), published 1849 [BBB chorus], from Ritornelle in canonischen Weisen, no. 4, Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bertram Kottmann , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission DUT FRE ITA ; composed by Gary Bachlund.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Geef mij te drinken!", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Datemi da bere!", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Dr. Gerrit den Hartogh
This text was added to the website: 2004-07-03
Line count: 3
Word count: 21