Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
白鹭下秋水， 孤飞如坠霜。 心闲且未去， 独立沙洲傍。
- by Li-Tai-Po (701 - 762), "白鹭鹚" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ; composed by Armande de Polignac.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Franz Toussaint (1879 - 1955) , "Le héron blanc", appears in La flûte de jade, Paris, Éd. H. Piazza, first published 1920 ; composed by Odette Gartenlaub, Armande de Polignac.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Alfred Henschke (1890 - 1928) ; composed by Volkmar Andreae, Kurt Brüggemann, Walther Hirschberg, Artur Immisch, Josef Schelb, Ernst Ludwig Uray.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ; composed by Joseph Gustav Mraczek, Willy Schneider (attribution uncertain).
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Ethan Fan) , "White Egret", copyright © 2022, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Dan Shen
This text was added to the website: 2010-02-05
Line count: 4
Word count: 4