Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Brauner Bursche führt zum Tanze Sein blauäugig schönes Kind; Schlägt die Sporen keck zusammen, Csardasmelodie beginnt. Küßt und herzt sein süßes Täubchen, Dreht sie, führt sie, jauchzt und springt; Wirft drei blanke Silbergulden Auf das Zimbal, daß es klingt.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Brauner Bursche führt zum Tanze
", op. 103 no. 5 (1887/8), published 1888 [voice or SATB chorus and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 5, Berlin, Simrock [text verified 1 time]
- by Gunnar de Frumerie (1908 - 1987), "Brauner Bursche", 1927 [voice and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 5. [text not verified]
- by Hans Melcher Svensson (1882 - 1961), "Brauner Bursche führt zum Tanze
", 1910, orchestrated 1920 [voice and piano], from Acht Zigeunerlieder, no. 5. [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Leonard Lehrman) , title 1: "Brown the lad, blue-eyed the lassie", copyright © 1996, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Il bruno giovanotto porta a danzare", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 8
Word count: 39
Il bruno giovanotto porta a danzare La sua bella ragazza dagli occhi azzurri; e mentre batte con forza i tacchi la melodia czarda ha inizio. Bacia e stringe al cuore la sua dolce colomba, la fa girare, la guida, grida di gioia e salta; scaglia tre lucenti monete d'argento sul cembalo affinché risuoni.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2009-02-23 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:08
Line count: 8
Word count: 53