Doxa Patrὶ kaὶ Yἱῷ kaὶ Ἁgiῳ Pneymati, kaὶ nῦn kaὶ ἀeὶ kaὶ eἰs toὺs aἰῶnas tῶn aἰōnōn. Ἀmēn.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Δόξα Πατρὶ (Gloria Patri)" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "The Gloria Patri" DUT FIN FRE GER LAT LAT ; composed by Benjamin Britten, William Byrd, Paul Patterson, Henry Purcell, Thomas Tomkins.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts DUT ENG FIN FRE LAT LAT ; composed by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Heinrich Schütz.
- Also set in Latin, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Gloria Patri" DUT ENG FIN FRE GER SPA ; composed by Marcel Dupré, Robert Fayrfax, Hildegard von Bingen, Gustav Holst, Josquin des Prez, Paweł Łukaszewski, Richard Monk, John Nesbitt, Florent Schmitt, Tomás Luis de Victoria, Antonio Vivaldi.
- Also set in Latin, a translation ; composed by Michał Kłos.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Wim Reedijk) , "Glorie aan de Vader", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , "The Gloria Patri"
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bible or other Sacred Texts)
- LAT Latin (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , "Gloria Patri"
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2009-05-10
Line count: 5
Word count: 18