Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Geh, zartes Blatt, geh armes Brieflein hin! Geh, such' die Blume aller Lieblichkeiten! Geh, such' mir jene hohe Königin, Um deren Haupt sich Liebespalmen breiten.
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Paul Heyse, Italienisches Liederbuch, Berlin: Verlag von Wilhelm Hertz (Bessersche Buchhandlung), 1860, page 45.
- by Paul Heyse (1830 - 1914), no title, appears in Italienisches Liederbuch, in Rispetti, in Toscanisch, no. 94, first published 1860 [author's text checked 2 times against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Richard Barth (1850 - 1923), "Geh', zartes Blatt", op. 12 (Fünf Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 2, published 1893 [ voice and piano ], Frankfurt a/M., Steyl & Thomas [sung text not yet checked]
- by Hermann (Gustav) Goetz (1840 - 1876), "Geh, zartes Blatt, geh armes Brieflein hin!", op. 4 no. 2 (1866), published 1869 [ soprano or tenor and piano ], from Rispetti: Sechs Italienische Volksgesänge, no. 2, Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Go forth, delicate page", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Va, délicate fleur", copyright © 2021, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-01-28
Line count: 4
Word count: 25
Va, délicate feuille, va, pauvre petite lettre ! Va et cherche la fleur de toute grâce ! Va me chercher cette haute reine Dont le front se pare des palmes de l'amour.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2021 by Pierre Mathé, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Paul Heyse (1830 - 1914), no title, appears in Italienisches Liederbuch, in Rispetti, in Toscanisch, no. 94, first published 1860
This text was added to the website: 2021-01-18
Line count: 4
Word count: 32