א שִׁיר הַמַּעֲלוֹת, לְדָוִד:
הִנֵּה מַה-טּוֹב, וּמַה-נָּעִים-- שֶׁבֶת אַחִים גַּם-יָחַד.
ב כַּשֶּׁמֶן הַטּוֹב, עַל-הָרֹאשׁ--
יֹרֵד, עַל-הַזָּקָן זְקַן-אַהֲרֹן:
שֶׁיֹּרֵד, עַל-פִּי מִדּוֹתָיו.
ג כְּטַל-חֶרְמוֹן-- שֶׁיֹּרֵד, עַל-הַרְרֵי צִיּוֹן:
כִּי שָׁם צִוָּה יְהוָה, אֶת-הַבְּרָכָה--
Here is a transliteration of Bernstein's text:
Hineh mah tov, Umah naim, Shevet achim Gam yachad.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalm 133" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Leonard Bernstein (1918 - 1990), "[No Title]", 1965, from Chichester Psalms, no. 3, Psalm 131 and Psalm 133:1
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalm 132 (133)" FRE LAT ; composed by Samuel Wesley.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Martin Luther (1483 - 1546) , "Psalm 133" ENG ENG ENG FRE LAT LAT ; composed by Georg Schumann, Heinrich Schütz, Johann Vierdanck.
- Also set in Latin, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalmus 132 (133)" ENG ENG FRE GER ; composed by Franz Wüllner.
- Also set in Latin, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist [an adaptation] ENG ENG FRE GER ; composed by Jan Campanus Vodňanský.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , "Psalm 132 (133)"
- FRE French (Français) (Louis Segond) , "Psaume 133", first published 1910
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-04-19
Line count: 8
Word count: 34