— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in Persian (Farsi) by Hakim Omar Khayyám (c1048 - c1122) [text unavailable]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Francisco Mignone (1897 - 1986), "Et le désert sera mon paradis", 1932 [voice and piano], from Les Rubaiyat, no. 4
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883) , no title, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Third Edition, no. 12, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Fourth Edition, no. 12, first published 1872 FRE ITA ; composed by Granville Ransome Bantock, Sir, Richard Layton Kent, Liza Lehmann, James Hotchkiss Rogers, Powell Weaver.
- Also set in English, a translation by Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883) , no title, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, First Edition, no. 11, first published 1859 FRE ; composed by Emma Lou Diemer, Don Murray.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Franz Toussaint (1879 - 1955) , no title, appears in Robaiyat, no. 72, first published 1924 ENG ENG ENG ; composed by Carmen Brouard.
This page was added to the website: 2010-07-13