Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Se lontan, ben mio, tu sei Sono eterni i dì per me, Son momenti i giorni miei, Idol mio, vicino a te.
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Strofe per musica: da cantarsi a canone [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Gaetano Donizetti (1797 - 1848), "Se lontan, ben mio, tu sei" [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Se lontan, ben mio, tu sei", K. 438 (1786?) [2 sopranos, bass, 2 clarinets, and a French horn (or three bassethorns)], from Sechs Nocturnos, no. 2. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Jeremy Sagnier) , "Si loin de moi, ma bien-aimée", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
This text was added to the website: 2008-07-13
Line count: 4
Word count: 22
Si loin de moi, ma bien-aimée, tu te trouves Les jours me sont une éternité. Ils sont fugaces, les jours passés, Mon idole, auprès de toi.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2013 by Jeremy Sagnier, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Strofe per musica: da cantarsi a canone
This text was added to the website: 2013-05-08
Line count: 4
Word count: 26