Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Se lontan, ben mio, tu sei Sono eterni i dì per me, Son momenti i giorni miei, Idol mio, vicino a te.
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Strofe per musica: da cantarsi a canone [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Gaetano Donizetti (1797 - 1848), "Se lontan, ben mio, tu sei" [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Se lontan, ben mio, tu sei", K. 438 (1786?) [2 sopranos, bass, 2 clarinets, and a French horn (or three bassethorns)], from Sechs Nocturnos, no. 2. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Jeremy Sagnier) , "Si loin de moi, ma bien-aimée", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
This text was added to the website: 2008-07-13
Line count: 4
Word count: 22
Jos olet kaukana, kultani, tuntuvat päivät loputtomilta: silmänräpäyksiä ne ovat, palvottuni, lähellä sinua.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to Finnish (Suomi) copyright © 2009 by Erkki Pullinen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Erkki Pullinen.  Contact: erkki (DOT) pullinen (AT) uniarts (DOT) fiIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, appears in Strofe per musica: da cantarsi a canone
This text was added to the website: 2009-11-05
Line count: 4
Word count: 13