Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Da pacem Domine, in diebus nostris Quia non est alius Qui pugnet pro nobis Nisi tu Deus noster.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613) and by Igor Stravinsky (1882 - 1971), "Da pacem Domine", from Tres sacrae cantiones, no. 1, completed by Igor Stravinsky [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Martin Luther (1483 - 1546) DUT FRE ; composed by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Hans Michael Schletterer, Heinrich Schütz.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Geef vrede, Heer"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Seigneur donne la paix", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Schaff' Frieden, Herr", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2008-08-26
Line count: 5
Word count: 18
Seigneur donne la paix Dans nos jours. Parce que il n'y a personne d'autre Qui combatte pour nous Si ce n'est toi notre Dieu.
- Translation from Latin to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2015-12-11
Line count: 5
Word count: 24