Da pacem Domine, in diebus nostris Quia non est alius Qui pugnet pro nobis Nisi tu Deus noster.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613) and by Igor Stravinsky (1882 - 1971), "Da pacem Domine", from Tres sacrae cantiones, no. 1, completed by Igor Stravinsky [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Martin Luther (1483 - 1546) DUT FRE ; composed by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Hans Michael Schletterer, Heinrich Schütz.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Geef vrede, Heer"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Seigneur donne la paix", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Schaff' Frieden, Herr", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2008-08-26
Line count: 5
Word count: 18
Geef vrede, Heer, in onze dagen, want er is geen ander die voor ons strijden wil dan Gij, onze God.