Ma chérie, aimons-nous... Les feux du soleil peuvent mourir et renaître . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Georges Lafaye (1854 - 1927)
- a text in Latin by Gaius Valerius Catullus (c84 BCE - 54 BCE), no title, appears in Carmina, no. 5
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Darius Milhaud (1892 - 1974), "Ma chérie, aimons-nous", op. 80 no. 3 (1923), published 1926, first performed 1923 [ voice and violin ], from Quatre poèmes de Catulle, no. 3, Paris, Éd. 'Au Ménestrel' Heugel
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist [an adaptation] ; composed by Henry Purcell.
- Also set in English, a translation by Dominick Argento (1927 - 2019) , copyright © [an adaptation] ; composed by Dominick Argento.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Jean-Antoine de Baïf (1532 - 1589) , no title [an adaptation] ; composed by Reynaldo Hahn.
This page was added to the website: 2020-02-19