Author: Dominick Argento (1927 - 2019)
[Also see this author's vocal compositions]
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- Casting eyes upon my newfound paleness FRE * - Dominick Argento (Sonnet 63 (Volgendo gli occhi))
- Greetings, miss, with nose not small * - Dominick Argento
- I hate and I love. Perhaps you will ask GER ITA SPA * - Dominick Argento
- Let us live, my Clodia, and let us love FRE SPA FRE * - Dominick Argento
- My woman says she will be no one's but mine SPA FRE - Dominick Argento
- Now that sky and earth and wind are hushed CAT FRE GER GER * - Dominick Argento (Sonnet 164 (Or che'l ciel))
- Sonnet 63 (Volgendo gli occhi) (Casting eyes upon my newfound paleness) - Dominick Argento FRE *
- Sonnet 164 (Or che'l ciel) (Now that sky and earth and wind are hushed) - Dominick Argento CAT FRE GER GER *
- Sonnet 300 (Quanta invidia io ti porto) (What a grudge I hold against you, selfish earth) - Dominick Argento FRE *
- Was it a lioness from the mountains of Libya * - Dominick Argento
- What a grudge I hold against you, selfish earth FRE * - Dominick Argento (Sonnet 300 (Quanta invidia io ti porto))
- Wretched Catullus, put an end to this madness! ITA SPA - Dominick Argento
- You promise me, my dearest life, that this our love ITA SPA * - Dominick Argento
Last update: 2020-02-19 11:25:53