Merknet slabyj svet svechi... Brodit mrak unylyj... I toska szhimajet grud' S neponjatnoj siloj... Na pechal'nye glaza Tikho son niskhodit... I s proshedshim v `etom mig Rech' dusha zavodit. Istomilasja ona Gorest'ju glubokoj. Pojavis' zhe, khot' vo sne, O, moj drug dalekij!
- by Daniil Maximovich Rathaus (1868 - 1937) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893), "Ночь", op. 73 (Шесть романсов = Shest' romansov (Six romances)) no. 2 (1893). [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Jennifer Gliere) , "Night", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Nuit", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bruno Tutenberg) , "Nachts"
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 12
Word count: 42