处世若大梦， 胡为劳其生。 所以终日醉， 颓然卧前楹。 觉来盼庭前， 一鸟花间鸣。 借问此何时， 春风语流莺。 感之欲叹息， 对酒还自倾。 浩歌待明月， 曲尽已忘情。
- by Li-Tai-Po (701 - 762), "春日醉起言志" [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Herbert Allen Giles (1845 - 1935) FRE GER ; composed by Cyril Meir Scott.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Hans Bethge (1876 - 1946) , "Der Trinker im Frühling" [an adaptation] CAT ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE FRE ITA POR ; composed by Hans Altmann, Gustav Mahler, Emil Sjögren.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation possibly by Alfred Henschke (1890 - 1928) ENG FRE ; composed by Emil Anner.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Marie Jean Léon, Marquis d'Hervey-Saint-Denys) , "Un jour de printemps" [an adaptation]
Researcher for this text: Corey Luis
This text was added to the website: 2004-01-16
Line count: 12
Word count: 12