Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Bleibe, bleibe bei mir, Holder Fremdling, süße Liebe, Holde süße Liebe, Und verlasse die Seele nicht ! Ach, wie anders, wie schön Lebt der Himmel, lebt die Erde, Ach, wie fühl ich, wie fühl ich Dieses Leben zum erstenmal !
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Henk Bijvanck (1909 - 1969), "Bleibe bei mir", from 4 Goethe-Lieder, no. 4. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Wilhelm Killmayer (1927 - 2017), "Liebesglück", 1962 [SATTB chorus a cappella], from Lieder, Oden und Szenen, no. 3. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Armin Knab (1881 - 1951), "Bleibe, bleibe bei mir", 1924-46 [voice and piano], from Zwölf Lieder nach Gedichten von J. W. von Goethe, no. 12. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Julius Kniese (1848 - 1905), "Bleibe, bleibe bei mir", op. 12 (Fünf Lieder für 1 mittlere Stimme und Pianoforte) no. 2, published 1900 [medium voice and piano], Berlin, Fürstner [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by C. Mühlfeld , "Bleibe bei mir", op. 1 (Vier Lieder für 1 hohe Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 4, published 1886 [high voice and piano], Dresden, Hoffarth [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Restami, restami accanto", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2007-10-03
Line count: 8
Word count: 40
Restami, restami accanto incantevole Sconosciuto, dolce Amore, dolce e incantevole Amore, e non fuggirmi dall'anima! Ah, come e quanto diversamente vive il cielo, vive la terra, Ah come comprendo, come comprendo Per la prima volta questa vita!
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2007-10-10
Line count: 8
Word count: 37