Snow may drift . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Die Heimkehr, no. 51, first published 1822
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Cécile Sarah Hartog (d. 1940), "Snow may drift", published 1890
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by J. Wrey Mould FRE ITA RUS RUS SPA ; composed by Josephine Lang.
- Also set in English, a translation by Theodore Martin, Sir, KCB KCVO (1816 - 1909) , "Mag da draußen Schnee sich türmen" FRE ITA RUS RUS SPA ; composed by Frances Allitsen, née Bumpus.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vasily Vasil'yevich Gippius (1890 - 1942) ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE ITA SPA ; composed by Edison Vasilyevich Denisov.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Nikolai Aleksandrovich Dobrolyubov (1836 - 1861) , no title, written 1857 ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE ITA SPA ; composed by César Antonovich Cui.
- Also set in Spanish (Español), a translation by Teodoro Llorente Olivares (1836 - 1911) , no title, appears in Poesías de Heine: Libro de los cantares, in El regreso, no. 53, first published 1885 ENG ENG ENG ENG FRE ITA RUS RUS ; composed by Juan José Castro.
This page was added to the website: 2008-10-27