1 [Psalmus David.] Judica me, Deus, et discerne causam meam de gente non sancta: ab homine iniquo et doloso erue me. 2 Quia tu es, Deus, fortitudo mea: quare me repulisti? et quare tristis incedo, dum affligit me inimicus? 3 Emitte lucem tuam et veritatem tuam: ipsa me deduxerunt, et adduxerunt in montem sanctum tuum, et in tabernacula tua. 4 Et introibo ad altare Dei, ad Deum qui lætificat juventutem meam. Confitebor tibi in cithara, Deus, Deus meus. 5 Quare tristis es, anima mea? et quare conturbas me? Spera in Deo, quoniam adhuc confitebor illi, salutare vultus mei, et Deus meus.
K. Penderecki sets line 2
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalmus 42 (43)" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Krzysztof Penderecki (1933 - 2020), "Psaume XLIII "Quia tu es Deus..."", published 1958, line 2, from Aus den Psalmen Davids, no. 3 [sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , KJV ; composed by Dudley Buck.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts [an adaptation] ; composed by Jean de Maletty.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Martin Luther (1483 - 1546) ; composed by Johann Sebastian Bach, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Johann Hermann Schein, Heinrich Schütz.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Psaume 43 (42)", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POL Polish (Polski) (Jan Kochanowski) , "Niewinność, Panie, moję", written 1579
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2010-03-23
Line count: 15
Word count: 101