Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Nimmer will ich dich verlieren! Liebe gibt der Liebe Kraft. Magst du meine Jugend zieren Mit gewaltiger Leidenschaft. Ach! Wie schmeichelt's meinem Triebe, Wenn man meinen Dichter preist! Denn das Leben ist die Liebe, Und des Lebens Leben Geist.
- sometimes misattributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)
- by Marianne von Willemer (1784 - 1860) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Martin Wegelius (1846 - 1906), "Nimmer will ich dich verlieren", 1876. [voice and piano] [text verified 1 time]
- by Hugo Wolf (1860 - 1903), "Nimmer will ich dich verlieren", 1888, published 1891 [voice and piano], from Goethe-Lieder, no. 48, Mainz, Schott [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "May I never lose you", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Non voglio perderti mai", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:56
Line count: 8
Word count: 39
Non voglio perderti mai! Amore dà forza all'amore. Possa tu abbellire la mia giovinezza con una potente passione. Ah! quanto forte mi lusinga, se viene ammirato il mio poeta: poiché la vita è amore, e lo spirito essenza della vita.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2012 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) misattributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832) and by Marianne von Willemer (1784 - 1860)
Text added to the website: 2012-10-04 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:04
Line count: 8
Word count: 40