Composer: Gardner Read (b. 1913)
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
See Opus Order
Song Cycles, Collections, Symphonies, etc.
- Four Nocturnes
- Nocturnal Visions, op. 45
- no. 1. Night of all nights (Text: Jesse Hilton Stuart) *
- no. 2. The first jasmines (Text: Rabindranath Tagore after Rabindranath Tagore)
- no. 3. I hear an army (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- Songs for a Rainy Night
- Two Songs for Voice and Woodwind Quintet, op. 84b
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
- All day I hear (in Songs for a Rainy Night) (Text: James Joyce) FRE IRI
- At bedtime (Text: Irene Beyers) [x]*
- I hear an army, op. 45 no. 3 (in Nocturnal Visions) (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- It is pretty in the city (Text: Elizabeth Jane Coatsworth) [x]*
- Music (Text: Walter De la Mare)
- Night of all nights, op. 45 no. 1 (in Nocturnal Visions) (Text: Jesse Hilton Stuart) *
- Pierrot (Text: Sara Teasdale) GER
- Piping down the valleys wild, op. 76 no. 3 (Text: William Blake) RUS
- Sister awake, op. 84b no. 1 (in Two Songs for Voice and Woodwind Quintet) (Text: Thomas Bateson)
- The first jasmines, op. 45 no. 2 (in Nocturnal Visions) (Text: Rabindranath Tagore after Rabindranath Tagore)
- The lamb , op. 84b no. 2 (in Two Songs for Voice and Woodwind Quintet) (Text: William Blake) CAT GER GER RUS
- The moon (in Four Nocturnes) (Text: William Henry Davies)
- The Reveille (Text: Bret Harte)
- The unknown god (in Four Nocturnes) (Text: George William Russell)
- Where corals lie (Text: Richard Garnett) CAT GER ITA
Last update: 2021-03-11 23:34:22