Ombre amene, Amiche piante, Il mio bene, Il caro amante, Chi mi dice ove n'andò? Zeffiretto lusinghiero, A lui vola messaggiero, Dì'che torni e che mi renda Quella pace che non ho.
About the headline (FAQ)View text with footnotes
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 572.
The text appears in L'Angelica, parte I, Aria di Licori.
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, written 1722, appears in L'Angelica [author's text checked 2 times against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Mauro Giuseppe Sergio Pantaleo Giuliani (1781 - 1829), "Ombre amene", op. 95 no. 1 [ voice and guitar or piano ], from Sei Ariette di Metastasio, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Luise Reichardt (1779 - 1826), "Ombre amene, amiche piante", op. 4 no. 1, from Sei Canzoni di Metastasio, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Ombre amene, amiche piante", D 990F (1816?), song exercise without accompaniment, realized by Reinhard van Hoorickx; privately printed by Reinhard van Hoorickx [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (John Glenn Paton) , copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Amy Pfrimmer) , copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 9
Word count: 32