Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Regina caeli laetare, alleluia. Quia quem meruisti portare, alleluia. Resurrexit sicut dixit, alleluia. Ora pro nobis Deum, alleluia. Gaude et laetare, Virgo Maria, alleluia. Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia.
C. Morales sets lines 1-4
J. Brahms sets lines 1-4
W. Mozart sets lines 1-4
H. Isaac sets lines 1-4
F. Couperin sets lines 1-3
Josquin des Prez sets lines 1-4
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , one of the four Marian Antiphons [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Mel Bonis (1858 - 1937), "Regina cœli" [ vocal duet for 2 sopranos with piano or harp and violin and cello ad libitum ] [sung text not yet checked]
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Regina caeli", op. 37 no. 3, published 1866, lines 1-4 [ SSAA chorus a cappella ], from Drei geistliche Chöre für Frauenstimmen (2 Sopran und 2 Alt), no. 3, Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [sung text checked 1 time]
- by François Couperin (1668 - 1733), "Regina caeli, laetare", lines 1-3 [ vocal duet for soprano and alto with continuo ], motet [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Heinrich Isaac (1450 - c1517), "Regina caeli laetare", lines 1-4 [ five-part chorus a cappella ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Josquin des Prez (c1440 - 1521), "ReginaÂ caeliÂ laetare", lines 1-4 [ chorus ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Cristobal de Morales (c1500 - 1553), "Regina caeli laetare", lines 1-4 [ chorus ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Regina caeli", K. 108 (1771), lines 1-4 [ chorus and orchestra ] [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Edmund Duncan Rubbra (1901 - 1986), "Regina caeli, laetare", op. 140 no. 6 [ soprano, contralto, baritone, chorus, and orchestra ], from Symphony No. 9, "Sinfonia Sacra", no. 6 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Rudi Spring (b. 1962), "Regina caeli", op. 52a no. 3 (1990/97), rev. 2004 [ soprano solo ], from Lose Blätter, no. 3 [sung text not yet checked]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Koningin van de hemel", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "Queen of Heaven, rejoice", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Reine des cieux", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Saúl Botero Restrepo) , "Reina del Cielo", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ivo Zandhuis
This text was added to the website: 2004-12-13
Line count: 6
Word count: 29
Koningin van de hemel, verblijd u, alleluja, Want Hij, die gij verdiend hebt te dragen, alleluja, Is verrezen, zoals Hij gezegd heeft, alleluja. Bid (tot) God voor ons, alleluja. [Koningin van de hemel,]1 Verheug en verblijd u, Maagd Maria, alleluja, Want de Heer is waarlijk verrezen, alleluja.
1 [...] Toevoeging door Brahms
- Translation from Latin to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2020 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
- a text in Latin by Bible or other Sacred Texts , one of the four Marian Antiphons
This text was added to the website: 2007-09-27
Line count: 7
Word count: 47