Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Im Arm der Liebe schliefen wir selig ein, Am offnen Fenster lauschte der Sommerwind, Und unsrer Atemzüge Frieden Trug er hinaus in die helle Mondnacht. -- Und aus dem Garten tastete zagend sich Ein Rosenduft an unserer Liebe Bett Und gab uns wundervolle Träume, Träume des Rausches -- so reich an Sehnsucht!
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Otto Erich Hartleben (1864 - 1905), no title, appears in Meine Verse 1883-1904 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Arnold Edward Trevor Bax, Sir (1883 - 1953), "Liebesode" [voice and piano] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Liebesode", 1906 [voice and piano], from Sieben frühe Lieder, no. 6, from Jugendlieder, Vol. II (1904-08), no. 59. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Roland Bocquet (b. 1878), "Liebesode", op. 35 (4 Lieder) no. 1 (1913). [ sung text not verified ]
- by Joseph Marx (1882 - 1964), "Selige Nacht", 1912, published 1915 [voice and piano or orchestra], in Lieder und Gesänge, III. Folge, Nr.9 [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Max Reger (1873 - 1916), "In Arm der Liebe", op. 48 (Sieben Lieder) no. 3 (1900), published 1900 [medium voice and piano], München, Aibl Verlag [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Louis Victor Franz Saar (1868 - 1937), "Liebes-Ode", op. 54 no. 3. [voice and piano] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by (Carl Theodor) Oskar Ulmer (1883 - 1966), "Liebesode", op. 27 (1920). [voice and piano] [ sung text not verified ]
- by Karl Weigl (1881 - 1949), "Liebesode", 1935-36 [alto and string quartet], from Drei Gesänge für Altstimme und Streichquartett, no. 2. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Oda d'amor", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , no title, copyright ©
- ENG English [singable] (Vally Weigl, née Pick) (Lydia Perera) , "Ode of Love"
- ENG English [singable] (M. W. Pursey) , "Blissful night"
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , "Oodi rakkaudelle", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Ode d'amore", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Elke Beatriz Riedel) , "Ode ao Amor", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:32
Line count: 8
Word count: 50
Nos braços do amor adormecemos tranqüilos; Pela janela aberta a brisa de verão nos ouvia, Levando a paz da nossa respiração Para longe, em direção ao claro luar. E do jardim se esgueirava tímido Um perfume de rosas em direção à nossa cama de amor E nos oferecia sonhos maravilhosos, Sonhos embevecidos, tão ricos de saudade.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Portuguese (Português) copyright © 2011 by Elke Beatriz Riedel, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Otto Erich Hartleben (1864 - 1905), no title, appears in Meine Verse 1883-1904
Text added to the website: 2011-05-31 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:24
Line count: 8
Word count: 56