Texts by W. Archer set in Art Songs and Choral Works
Texts set in art song or choral works (not necessarily comprehensive):
The symbol [x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database.
A * indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- Håkon's lullaby (Now roof and rafters blend) - N. O'Neill GER GER GER ITA
- I roamed through the uplands so heavy of cheer (from The Feast at Solhoug) GER
- I rode into the wildwood (from The Feast at Solhoug) GER
- Margrete's cradle song (Now roof and rafters blend) - G. Holst GER GER GER ITA
- Now roof and rafters blend with the starry vault on high GER GER GER ITA
- Now roof and rafters blend GER GER GER ITA - G. Holst, N. O'Neill
- Ornulf's Drapa () (from The Vikings at Helgeland) - G. Holst [x]
- The Hill-King to the sea did ride (from The Feast at Solhoug) FRE GER RUS GER
Last update: 2022-01-26 18:38:53