Composer: Henry Rowley Bishop (1785 - 1855)
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
Song Cycles, Collections, Symphonies, etc.
- Guy Mannering, or The Gypsey's [sic] Prophecy [opera]
- no. ?. The chough and crow (Text: Joanna Baillie)
- Songs for Spring Mornings
- no. ?. Alas! Youth's gay spring moments pass (Text: Thomas Haynes Bayly) [x]
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
- Alas! Youth's gay spring moments pass (in Songs for Spring Mornings) (Text: Thomas Haynes Bayly) [x]
- Bid me discourse (Text: William Shakespeare)
- Canzonett (Text: George Gordon Noel Byron, Lord Byron) DUT FRE FRE GER
- Come live with me (Text: Christopher Marlowe) GER GER
- Home, Sweet Home (Text: John Howard Payne)
- I heard the bells on Christmas Day (Text: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
- Lo, here the gentle lark (Text: William Shakespeare) CZE FRE
- Love has eyes (Text: Charles Dibdin)
- My heart and lute (Text: Thomas Moore) NOR
- Pretty mocking bird (Text: Anonymous)
- Should he upbraid (Text: Frederic Reynolds after William Shakespeare) FRE
- Take, o take those lips away (Text: Anonymous) DUT DUT FIN FRE FRE FRE GER GER GER POL
- The chough and crow (in Guy Mannering, or The Gypsey's [sic] Prophecy) (Text: Joanna Baillie)
Last update: 2021-03-13 18:03:08