1 Beatus vir qui non abiit in consilio impiorum, et in via peccatorum non stetit, et in cathedra pestilentiæ non sedit; 2 sed in lege Domini voluntas ejus, et in lege ejus meditabitur die ac nocte. 3 Et erit tamquam lignum quod plantatum est secus decursus aquarum, quod fructum suum dabit in tempore suo: et folium ejus non defluet; et omnia quæcumque faciet prosperabuntur. 4 Non sic impii, non sic; sed tamquam pulvis quem projicit ventus a facie terræ. 5 Ideo non resurgent impii in judicio, neque peccatores in concilio justorum: 6 quoniam novit Dominus viam justorum, et iter impiorum peribit.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalmus 1" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Thomas Sternhold (d. 1549) , appears in The Scottish Psalter of 1635 ; composed by Gary Bachlund.
- Also set in English, a translation by Matthew Parker, Archbishop (1504 - 1575) [an adaptation] ; composed by Thomas Tallis.
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalm 1", King James Version ; composed by Charles Gounod.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts [an adaptation] ; composed by Jean de Maletty.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by (Paul) Jules Barbier (1825 - 1901) [an adaptation] ; composed by Charles Gounod.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Martin Luther (1483 - 1546) , "Psalm 1" ; composed by Robert Radecke, Heinrich Schütz.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by L. G. Silbergleit , "Der erste Psalm" ; composed by Eyvind Alnæs.
- Also set in Scottish (Scots), a translation by Robert Burns (1759 - 1796) , "Paraphrase of the First Psalm" [an adaptation] ; composed by John Linton Gardner.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts) [an adaptation]
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Psaume 1", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2007-05-04
Line count: 14
Word count: 101