Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Herbstsonnenschein. Der liebe Abend blickt so still herein. Ein Feuerlein rot Knistert im Ofenloch und loht. So, mein Kopf auf deinen Knie'n, So ist mir gut. Wenn mein Auge so in deinem ruht, Wie leise die Minuten zieh'n.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Johannes Schlaf (1862 - 1941), first published <<1902 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Ernst Baeker (1866 - 1944), "Abend", op. 9 (Sieben Lieder und Gesänge für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 3, published 1898 [ voice and piano ], Berlin, Verlag Kreisende Ringe [sung text not yet checked]
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Im Zimmer", 1905 [ voice and piano ], from Sieben frühe Lieder, no. 5, from Jugendlieder, Vol. II (1904-08), no. 45 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Michael Brough (b. 1960), "Im Zimmer", op. 22 (Neun Lieder und Gesänge) no. 6 (2006) [ voice and piano ] [sung text not yet checked]
- by Robert Gund (1865 - 1927), "Im Zimmer", op. 39 no. 2 (1910) [sung text not yet checked]
- by Willy Rössel (1877 - 1947), "Im Zimmer", op. 12 (Drei Lieder für eine mittlere Singstimme, Viola und Klavier) no. 2, published 192-? [ medium voice, viola, piano ] [sung text not yet checked]
- by Erich J. Wolff (1874 - 1913), "Im Zimmer" [ voice and piano ] [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A la cambra", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "In the chamber", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Dans la chambre", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Nella stanza", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Elke Beatriz Riedel) , "No quarto", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 38
Sole autunnale. Mite e tranquilla, ammicca la sera nella stanza. Un fuocherello rosso scoppietta e divampa nella stufa. E col mio capo sulle tue ginocchia, sono contento. E se il mio sguardo nel tuo sguardo riposa, dolce trascorre il tempo.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johannes Schlaf (1862 - 1941), first published <<1902
This text was added to the website: 2010-03-24
Line count: 8
Word count: 40