— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- Singable translation by Karl Georg Mantey
- a text in English by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), no title, appears in Cymbeline, Act IV, Scene 2
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wolfgang Fortner (1907 - 1987), "Grablied", 1946, published 1947 [voice and piano], from Songs nach Texten von William Shakespeare mit Klavierbegleitung , no. 9, Mainz : Schott, also set in English
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, adapted by William Hawkins (1722 - 1801) , written 1759 [an adaptation] FIN FRE GER GER ITA SPA ; composed by Thomas Augustine Arne.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767 - 1845) ENG FIN FRE ITA SPA and by Johann Ludwig Tieck (1773 - 1853) ENG FIN FRE ITA SPA ; composed by Henry Hugo Pierson.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Karl Joseph Simrock (1802 - 1876) , written c1845 ENG FIN FRE ITA SPA ; composed by Alexander Zemlinsky.
This page was added to the website: 2011-06-26