Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem sempiternam. Dona nobis pacem.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by C. A. Joh. Masberg , "Agnus Dei ", op. 3 (Zwei Motetten für S., A., T. und B.) no. 2, published 1880 [ SATB chorus a cappella ], Berlin, Bahn [sung text not yet checked]
- by Krzysztof Penderecki (1933 - 2020), "Agnus dei", 1995 [ chorus a cappella ] [sung text checked 1 time]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Agnus Dei", op. 66 no. 5, published 1961 [ soprano, tenor, baritone, satb chorus, boys' chorus, orchestra, chamber orchestra, organ ], from War Requiem, no. 5
Set in a modified version by Samuel Barber, Georges Bizet, Benjamin Britten, André Caplet, Frank Martin, Per Nørgård, Ralph Vaughan Williams, José María Vitier.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Lam Gods"
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2009-12-20
Line count: 10
Word count: 31