Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem sempiternam. [Dona nobis pacem.]1
1 omitted by Penderecki.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by C. A. Joh. Masberg , "Agnus Dei ", op. 3 (Zwei Motetten für S., A., T. und B.) no. 2, published 1880 [ SATB chorus a cappella ], Berlin, Bahn [sung text not yet checked]
- by Krzysztof Penderecki (1933 - 2020), "Agnus dei", 1995 [ chorus a cappella ] [sung text checked 1 time]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Agnus Dei", op. 66 no. 5, published 1961 [ soprano, tenor, baritone, satb chorus, boys' chorus, orchestra, chamber orchestra, organ ], from War Requiem, no. 5
Set in a modified version by Samuel Barber, Georges Bizet, Benjamin Britten, André Caplet, Frank Martin, Per Nørgård, Ralph Vaughan Williams, José María Vitier.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Lam Gods"
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2009-12-20
Line count: 10
Word count: 31
Anyell de Déu, que lleveu el pecat del món, doneu-los el repòs. Anyell de Déu, que lleveu el pecat del món, doneu-los el repòs. Anyell de Déu, que lleveu el pecat del món, Doneu-los el repòs etern. Doneu-nos la pau.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from Latin to Catalan (Català) copyright © 2016 by Salvador Pila, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2016-06-30
Line count: 10
Word count: 40