— This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Lodewijk Mortelmans (1868 - 1952), "Op mijn lier", 1891 [baritone and orchestra ; or medium voice and piano]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by John Berkenhead (1617 - 1679) FRE GER GER GER ; composed by Henry Lawes.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz Seraph Ritter von Bruchmann (1798 - 1867) [an adaptation] CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Paul Mirsch, Franz Peter Schubert.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Johann Heinrich Friedrich Meinecke (1745 - 1825) , "Die Leyer" ENG ENG ENG FRE ITA SPA ; composed by Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Eduard Mörike (1804 - 1875) , "Verschiedener Krieg", appears in Anakreontische Lieder, no. 2 [an adaptation] ENG ENG FRE ; composed by Fritz Schieri.
Text added to the website: 2012-08-20 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:02
Line count: 0
Word count: 0