Versunken ist der Mond [ ... ]
About the headline (FAQ)This text may be copyright, so we will not display it until we obtain permission to do so or discover it is public-domain.
- by Walter Jens (b. 1923), copyright © [an adaptation] [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Aribert Reimann (b. 1936), "Versunken ist der Mond", 2000, first performed 2000 [soprano, 3 violins, 2 violoncellos, contrabass, English horn, bassoon, and contrabassoon], from Drei Gedichte der Sappho, no. 3 [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, adapted by Henry Thornton Wharton (1846 - 1895) , no title FRE FRE GER GER GER ITA ITA RUS SWE ; composed by Granville Ransome Bantock, Sir.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG GER GER GER ITA ITA RUS SWE ; composed by Charles Chaynes.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Johann Gottfried Herder (1744 - 1803) , no title, appears in Stimmen der Völker in Liedern, in 2. Das zweite Buch. Lieder aus dem Süd, in 5. Fragmente griechischer Lieder. Sappho, no. 2 ENG FRE FRE ITA ITA RUS SWE ; composed by Mathilde von Kralik.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Rudolf Bach (1901 - 1957) , copyright © ENG ENG FRE FRE ITA ITA RUS SWE ; composed by Hermann Reutter.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Giàcomo Leopardi (1798 - 1837) [an adaptation] ENG FRE FRE GER GER GER RUS SPA SWE ; composed by Ildebrando Pizzetti.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Salvatore Quasimodo (1901 - 1968) , copyright © [an adaptation] ENG FRE FRE GER GER GER RUS SWE ; composed by Goffredo Petrassi.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vyacheslav Ivanovich Ivanov (1866 - 1949) , "Ожидание", appears in Сапфо и Алкей (Sapfo i Alkej) ENG FRE FRE GER GER GER ITA ITA SWE ; composed by Arthur Vincent Lourié.
- Also set in Swedish (Svenska), a translation by Gustaf Emil Zilliacus (1878 - 1961) , copyright © ENG FRE FRE GER GER GER ITA ITA RUS ; composed by Staffan Björklund.
Text added to the website: 2009-10-03 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:05
Line count: 10
Word count: 28