Kak svetla, kak naryadna vesna! Poglyadi mne v glaza, kak by'valo, I skazhi: otchego ty' grustna? Otchego ty' tak laskova stala? No molchish`, ty', slaba, kak czvetok... O molchi! Mne ne nado priznan`ya: YA uznal e`tu lasku proshhan`ya, -- YA opyat` odinok!
About the headline (FAQ)
Please note: this text, provided here for educational and research use, is in the public domain in Canada and the U.S., but it may still be copyright in other legal jurisdictions. The LiederNet Archive makes no guarantee that the above text is public domain in your country. Please consult your country's copyright statutes or a qualified IP attorney to verify whether a certain text is in the public domain in your country or if downloading or distributing a copy constitutes fair use. The LiederNet Archive assumes no legal responsibility or liability for the copyright compliance of third parties.Note on Transliterations
- by Ivan Alekseyevich Bunin (1870 - 1953), no title, written 1899 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Reinhold Moritzevich Glière (1875 - 1956), "Как светла, как нарядна весна", op. 14 no. 4 (1904) [sung text not yet checked]
- by Yury Klepalov , "Я опять одинок", published 1996 [ voice and piano ] [sung text not yet checked]
- by Sergei Vasil'yevich Rachmaninov (1873 - 1943), "Я опять одинок", op. 26 (Пятнадцать романсов = Pjatnadcat' romansov (Fifteen songs)) no. 9 (1906) [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 41