Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem. Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona eis requiem sempiternam. [Dona nobis pacem.]1
1 omitted by Penderecki.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by C. A. Joh. Masberg , "Agnus Dei ", op. 3 (Zwei Motetten für S., A., T. und B.) no. 2, published 1880 [ SATB chorus a cappella ], Berlin, Bahn [sung text not yet checked]
- by Krzysztof Penderecki (1933 - 2020), "Agnus dei", 1995 [ chorus a cappella ] [sung text checked 1 time]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Agnus Dei", op. 66 no. 5, published 1961 [ soprano, tenor, baritone, satb chorus, boys' chorus, orchestra, chamber orchestra, organ ], from War Requiem, no. 5
Set in a modified version by Samuel Barber, Georges Bizet, Benjamin Britten, André Caplet, Frank Martin, Per Nørgård, Ralph Vaughan Williams, José María Vitier.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Lam Gods"
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2009-12-20
Line count: 10
Word count: 31