Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Im Herbst kreist [einsam]1 überm grauen Weiher Von Schnee bereift ein alter Silberreiher. Ich stehe einsam an des Weihers Strand, Die Hand am Blick, und äuge stumm ins Land.
1 added by Uray.
- by Alfred Henschke (1890 - 1928) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Volkmar Andreae (1879 - 1962), "Der Silberreiher", op. 37 no. 8, published 1931? [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Kurt Brüggemann (1908 - 2002), "Der Silberreiher", published 1923, from Die Ferne Flöte, no. 5 [sung text not yet checked]
- by (Rudolf) Walther Hirschberg (1889 - 1960), "Der Silberreiher", op. 47b (Acht Lieder) no. 6 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Artur Immisch (1902 - 1949), "Der Silberreiher", published 2006 [ voice and piano ], from Vier chinesische Lieder nach Li-Tai-Po, Nachdichtungen von Klabund, no. 3, Kelkheim, Yin Yang Media Verlag [sung text not yet checked]
- by Josef Schelb (1894 - 1977), "Der Silberreiher", from 5 Lieder nach altchinesischen Texten, no. 2 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Ernst Ludwig Uray (1906 - 1988), "Der Silberreiher" [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CHI Chinese (中文) (Fan Yang) , "大意", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "The silver heron", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
This text was added to the website: 2007-08-17
Line count: 4
Word count: 29
孤独地飞过秋天的池塘 一只灰得像老霜的大白鹭。 孤独的我站在这岸边的沙滩上， 静静地站着望向这片土地。
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Chinese (中文) copyright © 2008 by Fan Yang, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Fan Yang.  Contact: f-yang (AT) hotmail (DOT) deIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2008-08-06
Line count: 4
Word count: 4