Author: Nathan Haskell Dole (1852 - 1935)
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- All things living soon must perish (All things living soon shall perish) - Joseph Kaufer FRE GER GER
- All things living soon shall perish FRE GER GER - Joseph Kaufer (All things living soon must perish)
- Allurements the dearest
- At the edge of the hedge is a Hawthorn Tree - Margaret Ruthven Lang (The hawthorn tree)
- By this falchion
- Calm as the night IRI
- Calm repose, with contentment smiling
- Crushed by fate
- Dear companion FRE
- If manly valor
- If only by deserving POR
- In the cool and dewy morning GRE GRE POR
- Never was hour HEB
- Ominous a storm upsurging
- Sadly I languish DAN GER
- Serenade (The hour is late, and the moon) - Horatio William Parker
- Shade departed!
- The hawthorn tree (At the edge of the hedge is a Hawthorn Tree) - Margaret Ruthven Lang
- The hour is late, and the moon - Horatio William Parker (Serenade)
- The life of a vassl
- The vessel storm-driven
- Verdant meadows, groves enchanting
- Where now art thou DUT
- With mournful sounds of weeping
Last update: 2020-04-05 20:33:00